Punctuality & Attendance
Please do not allow your child to stay at home unless s/he is really ill. Lessons missed cannot be repeated.
To report an absence please:
- telephone the school to leave a message on the absence line (option 1)
- email the school office on email@example.com
- telephone the school to speak to a member of staff (option 2)
Please send a note on your child’s return to school informing us why s/he has been absent.
Wherever possible, routine medical appointments should be made outside of the school day. However, we understand that on occasions this is not always possible.
If it is necessary for your child to attend medical appointments during school hours, please observe the following procedures:
- Please notify the school office in advance of all medical appointments and provide the necessary evidence in order for us to authorise the absence, i.e. letters or appointment cards.
- If the appointment is early morning, please inform the school office before 10:00 am if your child will require a school dinner, otherwise they should be provided with a packed lunch.
- Please avoid collecting your child during break times or lunchtimes as it can be very difficult for staff to locate individual children during these times.
- If your child has been absent during the morning session and is not expected to return from a medical appointment before the start of the lunch break, they should be kept at home for lunch and returned to school five minutes prior to the start of the afternoon session. This will enable us to ensure that we have the correct adult/pupil ratios in place for the health and safety of all the children.
Thank you for your co-operation.