PE & Sports Premium 2016-17
We received £10,720 sports funding through the PE and Sport Premium. In our school we are using it to provide additional sports opportunities for our pupils to improve their sport skills and general fitness.
What is the PE and Sports Premium?
The Government provides additional primary school sports funding called the ‘PE and Sports Premium’. This funding is jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport and goes directly to primary school head teachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
Purpose of the funding
Schools have to spend the funding on improving the provision of PE and sport, but have the freedom to choose how to do this.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hire of qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools