- To learn how to reproduce the shape of a piece of art by looking at colour and techniques
- To learn about the featured artist
- To look at use of textile within collage and assess the effects.
- To draw and cut out small shapes
- To design a setting
- To complete collage and self-assess
- Manipulate clay for a variety of Purposes e.g thumb pots and simple coil pots.
- Use malleable materials to construct familiar objects. (Use this lesson to experiment with clay.)
- Design a relief tile. Pinch and roll and make slabs using a modelling tool.
- Carve patterns into clay.
- Experiment with joining techniques
- Build a textured relief tile.
- Paint and finish (glaze) relief tile.
Art unit is taught in the Autumn and Spring term