- Create a colour palette.
- Demonstrate mixing colour techniques;
- To use knowledge of the colour wheel to mix colours.
- Experiment with a range of paint (acrylic, oil paints, water colours) to create visually interesting pieces.
- Combine colours, tones and tints.
- Use brush techniques and the qualities of paint to create texture
- To understand & apply techniques of different brushstrokes
- Develop a personal style of painting, drawing upon ideas from other artists.
- To observe an artist’s work closely and accurately recreate a section (David Hockney landscapes)
Art unit is taught in the Autumn and Summer term
- To learn about the artist Yayoi Kusama
- Know key vocabulary and name sculpturing equipment.
- To learn about other sculpture artists.
- To experiment with different techniques for creating polka dots.
- Create recognisable forms (e.g. shapes made from nets or solid materials) out of malleable materials.
- Plan, design, make and create a model.
- Use a variety of materials.
- Make a simple papier mache object. (Papier mache a balloon to create the ‘pumpkin’ in style of Yoyoi Kusama.
- Add materials to provide interesting detail.
- Work in a safe, organised way, caring for equipment
- Talk about their work understanding that it has been sculpted, modelled or constructed.
- Feel able to express and share an opinion about the artwork. Think about why the work was made, as well as how.