- LO: To draw inferences from historical artefacts
- Do they appreciate how historical artefacts have helped us understand more about British lives in the present and past?
- LO: To use dates and place events on a British Historical Timeline
- Can they draw a timeline with different time periods outlined which show different information, such as, periods of history, when famous people lived, etc.?
- LO: To recognise the events leading up to the Battle of Bosworth
- To recognise the events leading up to the Battle of Bosworth
- LO: To understand the events leading up to the creation of the Church of England
- Why did Henry VIII marry 6 times?
- Do they appreciate that significant events in history have helped shape the country we have today? -Henry changed religion to suit his needs. (religious rollercoaster)
- Can they test out a hypothesis in order to answer a question?
- Can they use their mathematical skills to work out exact time scales and differences as need be?
- LO: To use a range of resources to retrieve historical information
- LO: To make comparisons between aspects of periods of history and the present day
- Tudor Explorers
- Black Africans in Tudor Britain
- LO: understand the difference between crime and punishment system between ancient Tudor times and modern time.
- Do they have a good understanding as to how crime and punishment has changed over the years?
- Skills: Can they use dates and historical language in their work?
- Can they describe historical events from the different period/s they are studying/have studied?
- LO: place key WW2 events in order
- Skills: Do they appreciate that significant events in history have helped shape the country we have today?
- LO: To understand the effects of the Blitz and how people protected themselves and how behaviour was changed by it.
- LO: To find out about the experiences of children who were evacuated during WW2
History unit is taught in the Autumn and Spring term